Kapok, the Hong Kong multi-brand store renowned for carrying emerging niche brands from all around the world, has recently opened its first flagship store in Singapore at the National Design Centre (NDC) at Bras Basah, giving the dull and predictable retail scene in Singapore and new breathe of fresh air.
The full-fledged lifestyle retail concept spanning 2,300 sqf in space, will showcase over 100 labels from international and asian brands, of which Singapore-based labels will take up a quarter of the mix. Some of these Singapore labels includes:
• Biro (menswear) : a clean cut and concise casual menswear
• Stolen (womenswear): a signature backless womenswear
• Aide de Camp (bags) : functional women’s camera bags without comprising on style
• Saught Scrap (jewellery) : metal jewellery of war remnants to support post-conflict countries
• Code Deco (fragrance): artisanal fragrance
• Democratic Society (homeware): fine collection of everyday objects as basic luxury
• Grafunkt (furniture): contemporary designs that combine creativity, functionality and quality
Some cool international brands that are worth noting includes Ami (high-end menswear brand with a parisian je ne sais quoi), Briston (sport chic watches), Civissum (“ich bin ein singaporer” tees), Maison Kitsuné (cult-classic casualwear), Sunspel (classic english clothing manufacturers for men since 1860), and Veja (ecological and fairtrade footwear and accessories).
Visit Kapok at National Design Centre, G/F, 111 Middle Road, Singapore (188969)